Huckberry, a leading men’s lifestyle retailer and magazine, is looking to hire their first in-house Videographer/Editor to help build and scale their video strategy, according to a recent job posting.
- Create best-in-class video content to support the brand’s digital marketing and content initiatives
- Be the lead shooter on all major video initiatives, including weekly shows, campaign videos, and social ads
- Lead pre-production, editing, and post-production of all videos – knows the ins and outs of video production
- Participate in concepting, storyboarding of content ideas with an eye and POV on what types of video work best for subject matter, distribution platform, and our customer profile
- Work closely with Creative and Marketing teams to support major product and brand initiatives, ensuring consistent brand guidelines are represented in all video regardless of type
- Build our YouTube and IGTV presences into a strategic marketing channels
- Ensure and manage high-quality and consistency with freelancers when not on-shoot
- Build, manage and prioritize trusted network of freelance content creators
- Manage budget for freelance videographers, motion graphics, music
Here’s what a typical week could look like:
- Story-boarded a campaign hype video for our latest collaboration
- Edited a video shot by an influencer of themselves testing a new product
- Joined our photographer and producer on-location of a lifestyle shoot to get BTS footage for social
- Shot a gear-testing series for weekly launch on HB.com
- Worked with our product team on concepting a seasonal content plan of unboxing videos for our most exciting new product drops.
- Worked with our creative director to develop new design standards for motion graphic branding for all Huckberry video content
- Pitched the content team on a new “How To” video series
- 3-5 years of experience shooting and editing video content, producing a plus
- Experience in eComm / shooting product videos a must
- Experience editing videos for variety of platforms – organic social, ads, YouTube series
- Experience managing freelancers and budgets
- Fluent with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative suite as it pertains to video (Photoshop, Media Encoder, After Effects, Audition)
- An interest in Men’s style and gear, and a love for adventure
- Distinct eye for what makes a story or video stand out within a cluttered social feed, and a good understanding of what types of content perform best in each channel.
- Hyper-organized and a self-starter
- Creative thinker who can iterate quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with frequent, regularly scheduled deadlines
Our mission of inspiring and equipping adventures is at the core of everything we do. That’s why in addition to competitive market salaries and benefits, we have a generous vacation policy, paid time off to volunteer, flexible work from home time, a sabbatical program (recent employee trips include a surf and yoga retreat in Morocco, dog sledding in Norway et al.), summer “See You Out There” Fridays, white water rafting trips, and, of course, loads of free gear.
Huckberry is a leading men’s lifestyle retailer and magazine. Over a million guys trust us as their go-to resource for the best gear, adventure inspiration, and a lot more. We were recently named one of IAB’s most disruptive consumer brands, and we’ve collaborated with everyone from Matthew McConaughey and Kelly Slater to brands like Lululemon and Coors. We look forward to meeting you!