IGN/Ziff Davis is looking for a Senior Video Producer based in LA with an in-depth knowledge of the gaming space.
The Senior Video Producer helps create content, oversee productions from features to events, and assists in running all aspects of day-to-day LA Studio produced content. This role is also responsible for maintaining production quality in the IGN Studios as well as mentoring junior staff on studio production and proper utilization of production equipment.
The role works with the content leads, video leads, and IGN’s video post-production department to ensure all IGN feature videos are produced on time and meet IGN’s highest quality standards. This is an all-encompassing role that touches on content and production, (scripting, editing, and shooting), and will act as a lead U.S.-based producer for marquee IGN productions ranging from long-form to short and other production-intensive gaming and entertainment feature videos. Key responsibilities also include seeing through video features from start to finish, producing and directing studio and field shoots, and overseeing portions of and contributing to tentpole events like Comic-Con and E3.
The ideal candidate is a gamer with a passion for movies, tv, and fan culture, who is abreast of the latest gaming and entertainment news and can take any idea from pitch to publish.
• Responsible for pitching and executing short and long form gaming and entertainment features.
• Responsible for overseeing productions for both studio shoots and in the field.
• Should be comfortable prepping, producing, and executing interviews with celebrities and gaming luminaries.
• During industry events this role will be needed to help oversee sizable portions of production from inception to execution.
• Assists in planning, scoping, and executing production on IGN events and bespoke entertainment previews or livestreams.
• Key to day-to-day execution and quality control of all LA-based studio, field, and tentpole video products
• Works backwards from anticipated publish date with core and branded PMs to identify tentpole benchmarks, set production schedules and deadlines on marquee IGN content
• Will QA all produced assets to ensure quality control
• Administrative duties including helping scope and staff, per video production, and maintaining seamless workflow from pitch to publish
• Take a leadership role in any IGN tentpole events as assigned (Summer of Gaming, Comic-Con, IGN FanFest, etc.), managing associated producers and collaborating with stakeholders throughout the production process
• Ensure IGN brand standards are met at all times
• Run field teams for any on-location and event coverage as assigned. Required:
• In depth knowledge of the gaming and entertainment space.
• Experience writing video features for entertainment or gaming subjects
• Video editing experience with Adobe Premiere experience a must
• Have experience leading and growing teams focused on live, event and studio production
• Have experience lighting and directing studio and field shoots
• Experience with various camera systems including Sony FS7, Sony FS5, and Blackmagic Ursa 4K
Extra Points if you:
• Have audio engineering and audio editing experience
• Have experience with external partnerships and client-facing production in a senior role
• Have motion graphics design or After Effect experience
• Previous experience making high-performing YouTube video
• Experience with YouTube metadata optimization
IGN is the world’s leading media brand for games and entertainment. Available in 25 languages around the globe, we’re the fan-favorite hub that obsesses over movies, TV shows, comics, tech, and video games. We’re committed to bringing our 260 million monthly users engaging, shareable content worth geeking out over. As a media powerhouse, we’re across all current social platforms from Instagram to Snapchat, with 51 million social followers.
IGN’s team is made up of all kinds of people who share a common love of games, TV, movies, comics, tech, and all things geeky. We strongly encourage people of every race, gender, sexual orientation, and background to apply.